Terms of Service
These Terms of Service apply to those who use or publish content at BetterGrids.org, a website owned and operated by the BetterGrids Foundation, Inc. These terms apply with equal force to those using the web interface or any application programming interface.
Use of BetterGrids.org
- By using BetterGrids.org, you enter into a binding agreement to accept the Terms of Service described herein. If you do not agree to these Terms of Service, please refrain from using our website.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to use website; by using our website or agreeing to these terms and conditions, you warrant and represent to us that you are at least 18 years of age.
- You may view pages from our website in a browser, download pages from our website for caching in a browser or printing, or download materials from our website subject to the license agreement of each material. Any other use is prohibited, and we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
Publishing to BetterGrids.org
- By publishing content to BetterGrids.org, you represent that any submission you make to the BetterGrids.org website is your original work, and/or that you have the right to grant the rights contained in this license. You also represent that your submission does NOT, to the best of your knowledge, contain any proprietary, protected, security sensitive information, and/or Critical Energy Infrastructure Information (CEII) as defined by FERC. (https://www.ferc.gov/legal/maj-ord-reg/land-docs/ceii-rule.asp)
- By agreeing this license, you (the author(s) or copyright owner) grants to BetterGrids.org the non-exclusive right to reproduce, translate (as defined below), and/or distribute your submission (including the abstract) worldwide in print and electronic format and in any medium, including but not limited to audio or video.
- You agree that BetterGrids.org may, without changing the content, translate the submission to any medium or format for the purpose of preservation. You also agree that BetterGrids.org may keep more than one copy of this submission for purposes of security, back-up and preservation.
- If the submission contains material for which you do not hold copyright, you represent that you have obtained the unrestricted permission of the copyright owner to grant BetterGrids.org the rights required by this license, and that such third-party owned material is clearly identified and acknowledged within the text or content of the submission.
Privacy at BetterGrids.org
- BetterGrids.org respects the privacy of our users and submitters.
- We work to protect all personally identifiable information we collect.
- We collect a minimum of information, including –
- Your name, organization, and basic contact information
- Your IP address
- Any activity on the website
- Any models you may submit
- Any ratings or comments you provide
- Any collection notifications you may register
- Any help, service requests, or feedback you may initiate
- Browser authentications, sessions, and cookies
- Receipt acknowledgements of BetterGrids.org emails or newsletters
- We only use this information to operate BetterGrids.org, improve our services, communicate with our users, promote related BetterGrids activities, and provide technical support.
- We will clearly identify your name(s) as the author(s) or owner(s) of any submission or comments, and will not make any alteration, other than as allowed by this license, to your submission or comments.
- We do not –
- Collect or cross-correlate this information from any other party.
- Sell or share this information with any other party.
- Track individual behavior or sell ads based on this behavior.
- Transfer this information to any other countries.
- We reserve the right to share any information upon authorized requests from government authorities or where required by law.
- If you are concerned about our policy, or the accuracy of personally identifiable information maintained by BetterGrids.org, or wish to review, access, amend or correct this information, or would like your personally identifiable information removed from BetterGrids.org records or otherwise deactivated, please contact us at help@BetterGrids.org. We reserve the right to review requests on a case by case basis.